Please Join us for APR's Next Member Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana!
March 6 - 9, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency
The upcoming APR Member Meeting will be held in conjuction with the 2017 Plastics Recycling Conference at
The Hyatt Regency, New Orleans.
**Please note that you must register for both the APR Meeting and The Plastics Recycling Conference!**
Tentative Meeting Agenda:
Monday, March 6th
12:30 - 3:00 Technical Forum & Recycling Showcase, Celestin Ballroom F-G, 3rd Floor
12:30 - 1:30 Recycling Showcase - Introduction & Announcement of Showcase Selections
- As The Voice of Plastics Recycling, the APR is pleased to present the 2nd annual APR Plastics Recycling Showcase to highlight and promote industry leading innovations developed by APR member companies that have a positive impact on plastics collection and recycling, as well as new applications for recycled plastics.
1:30 - 3:00 Technical Forum Presentations
- Robotic Recycling of Plastics - Dr. Matanya Horowitz, Founder & CEO of AMP Robotics
- Flexible Film Recycling; Understanding the Industry and Its Challenges - Curt Cozart, President, Common Sense Solutions, Inc.
- De-Inking Technology: An Innovative Process for Removing Printed Ink from Plastic Surfaces - Adriana Pineda, CADEL DEINKING, S.L.
Tuesday, March 7th
3:00 - 5:00 Film Committee, Strand 11, 2nd Floor
5:00 - 6:00 New Member & Guest Meeting, 8 Block Restaurant, 3rd Floor
Wednesday, March 8th
8:00 - 9:00, 2:00 - 3:00 Registration, Strand Meeting Prefunction, 2nd Floor
8:30 - 11:30 PET Technical Committee, Strand 11, 2nd Floor
8:30 - 11:30 Olefins Division / Rigids Committee, Strand 12, 2nd Floor
1:00 - 2:30 ** Plastics Recycling Conference's Closing Session, 'A Sea of Challenges', Celestin Ballroom DE, 3rd Floor
- Session Description: There isn't a more hot-button topic in our industry than plastics in our oceans and streams. We have all read the headlines and we know how news on marine debris problem negatively affects the public’s perception of plastics recycling, just as it does the plastics industry as a whole. You will want to attend this session to better understand how plastics recycling and recovery can help with this important environmental issue.
- **Please note that you have to register separately for the Plastics Recycling Conference. Details below.
2:30 - 4:30 Olefins Technical Committee, Strand 11, 2nd Floor
4:30 - 6:00 Communications Committee, Strand, 12, 2nd Floor
6:00 - 7:30 APR Member Reception, Celestin Ballroom F-G, 3rd Floor (registration will be available outside of reception)
Thursday, March 9th
7:30 - 8:30 Hot breakfast, Celestin Ballroom F, 3rd Floor
8:00 - 9:00 Registration, outside of Celestin Ballroom, 3rd Floor
8:30 - 11:30 APR General Session & Closing, Celestin Ballroom G-H, 3rd Floor
- Overview of Board of Directors' Planning Session
- Susan Robinson, Waste Management
- Committee Reports
- APR & SPC Upcoming Joint Meeting in October 2017
- Critical Guidance Recognitions
- California Update
- Wrap-Up & Next Steps
Interested in APR Membership?
If you are not a current APR member, attending a meeting is great way to determine how membership can benefit your company. Please contact Meredith Leahy, APR Member Services Director, for addditional information and a guest registration link.
New Member & Guest Webinar:
If you are interested in learning more about APR membership or you might be attending your first APR Member meeting, we encourage you to sign up for the free New Member & Guest webinar that offers a high-level overview of APR as an organization and explains our mission, programs, committees, membership, and meeting structure.
You will receive a discounted hotel room rate of $219/night plust taxes. Click here to make your reservation.
Hyatt Regency Hotel
601 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113
Visit the Plastics Recycling Conference website for more details on their conference.
*Please check back often! Additional information will be added as the date approaches.*
APR is proud to partner with the Plastics Recycling Conference once again in 2017. The upcoming APR Meeting will be held in conjunction with PRC 2017 beginning with the APR Technical Forum Monday afternoon.
Sponsorship is a cost-effective opportunity to promote products and services, establish your brand, build new business relationships, and secure your position as a leader in the industry. Another advantage is continued support of APR programs.
APR members that choose to sponsor and/or exhibit receive a few additional perks during this year's conference including early access to select booth space and receiving the pre-conference attendees list 3 weeks earlier than other attendees. APR members attending the conference will be highlighted in the conference program, and receive an APR Member ribbon and pop-up sign to display in your booth.
The Plastics Recycling Conference tradeshow has sold out for the last 12 years and is expected to sell out again in 2017. Don't miss this opportunity to be part of the largest plastics recycling event in North America.
APR member sponsors and/or exhibitors receive additional perks during PRC including early access to booth selection, receiving the pre-conference attendees list early, companies highlighted in the conference program, and an APR Member ribbon and pop-up sign to display in your booth.
Thank You to the APR Members that have already signed up to sponsor:
Amut Avangard Innovative Champion Polymer Recycling
Clear Path Recycling Common Sense Solutions Custom Polymers, Inc
Custom Polymers PET Denton Plastics Eastman Chemical Company
EREMA North America Ettlinger Green Line Polymers Indorama
KW Plastics Recycling Lindner MacDermid Marglen NAPCOR NRT Pellenc
Phoeinix Tehnologies Plastics Forming Enterprises PQ Recycling Schupan Satake
Soleno Recycling Sorema Starlinger Sukano Talco Vecoplan Waste Mangement
Questions? Contact Jef Drawbaugh, PRC's Assistant Conference Manager
Sponsorship Sign Up Form - Please remember to click the button “APR Member” or “Contacted by an APR Member.”