The Association of Plastic Recyclers is an international trade association representing the plastics recycling industry. APR member companies are committed to the success of plastics recycling. Membership spans the entire industry and through their participation APR member companies are shaping the future of our industry.
APR promotes development of the plastics recycling industry by providing leadership for long-term industry growth and vitality, including:
- Developing protocols for packaging design for greater recyclability.
- Improving the quality of postconsumer plastics entering the system.
- Fostering a strong interface with end-user markets.
- Promoting a cooperative testing program for new packaging.
- Encouraging design for recyclability with guidelines and programs.
- Using awards to recognize packages designed to be recycling compatible and to recognize products made from recycled plastic material.
- Educating key audiences including state and local recycling officials, MRF operators, legislators, as well as the general plastic recycling industry.