The Association of Plastic Recyclers is an international trade association representing the plastics recycling industry. APR member companies are committed to the success of plastics recycling. Membership spans the entire industry and through their participation APR member companies are shaping the future of our industry.
APR promotes development of the plastics recycling industry by providing leadership for long-term industry growth and vitality, including:
- Publishing the APR Design® Guide for Plastics Recyclability, the consensus-based set of guidelines that help package designers create recycle-friendly packages. “Preferred” package designs contribute to the circular economy by ensuring that a package can recycle into high quality post-consumer recycled content (PCR).
- Fostering a strong interface with end-user markets via the APR Recycling Demand Champions program and our directory of products made from post-consumer recycled plastics.
- Providing a library of rigorous testing protocols to evaluate the recyclability of new packaging technologies.
- Recognizing package innovations designed to be recycling-compatible via the APR Meets Preferred Guidance (MPG) and Critical Guidance Recognition programs.
- Promoting use of verified, high quality recycled plastics through APR’s PCR Certification Program.
- Advocating for the growth and sustainability of plastics recycling through federal and state/provincial policy.
- Educating key audiences - including state and local recycling officials, MRF operators, legislators, and others across the plastics recycling value chain - about the challenges, realities, and needs of plastics recyclers that must be addressed for the industry to grow and thrive.