The mission of the Foundation for Plastic Recycling is to drive sustainability solutions for plastics packaging in order to support the Circular Economy. Through education, research and collaboration, the Foundation seeks to enhance the value of plastic recycling as well as expand plastic recycling efforts at the state and national level.
Established by the Association of Plastic Recyclers, the Foundation for Plastic Recycling is unique for its commitment to enhancing and expanding plastics recycling efforts in order to garner economic and environmental benefits.
The Foundation’s activities encompass four fundamental objectives:
- EDUCATE key audiences on the benefits of plastic recycling.
- PROMOTE plastic recycling initiatives.
- SUPPORT research and development of technological innovations and solutions to enhance plastic recycling.
- EXPAND the recyclability of plastics and increase end market demand for recycled resins through training and other programs.
AREAS OF FOCUS
The Foundation’s initial areas of focus will address:
- Investing in research and programs to extend technology innovations to advance plastics recycling.
- Delivering global solutions in the harmonization of design for recycling standards and testing protocols.
- Increasing the supply, enhancing the quality and expanding the demand for recycled plastics.
INVEST WITH US
For more information about how the Foundation for Plastic Recycling connects people and companies to the Circular Economy, or to make a financial investment to support the Foundation’s efforts, please contact Lisa Lopinsky, Executive Director of the Foundation.
For additional information outlining how the FPR can help connect you to the Circular Economy, please contact Lisa Lopinsky, Foundation Executive Director.
We look forward to working with you.