- Recognizes materials, components, and complete packages composed of PET, HDPE, PP, and PE film that are considered Preferred in the APR Design® Guide for Plastics Recyclability
- Consists of an evaluation by the APR Design® Guide Administrator and technical staff, measuring the candidate item against each APR Design® Guide criterion for a Preferred design
- Results in a letter of recognition that the component or package meets or exceeds APR Design® Meets Preferred Guidance criteria
- Suppliers can use the letter and program badge to demonstrate recycling compatibility to potential customers, and for marketing purposes
Ready to apply for APR Design® Meets Preferred Guidance (MPG) Recognition?
- Review the MPG Operating Procedures
- Review the Resource Document for your item. The following design elements/components are currently eligible for MPG Recognition:
- All plastic dispensers for use with PET, HDPE, and PP containers
- Additional items will become eligible over time. Follow us to stay in the know!