July 11, 2018 - Recycling Product News
APR in the News
U.S. recycling industry united on goal of addressing key industry issues
In May, a group of organizations representing various segments of the recycling industry met to discuss ways to better collaborate to advance the industry as a whole. The initial meeting, which took place in Washington, DC, at the headquarters of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, was an open discussion aimed at identifying ways throughout the recycling stream to improve quality, increase demand for material, and promote products made with recycled content.
As part of the initial phase, the organizations have released the following statement of cooperation:
"As representatives of the complete recycling chain, we understand that improving the quality of the recycling stream and increasing the demand for recyclables in the manufacture of new products will deliver economic and environmental benefits nationwide. We commit to actively engaging with one another to enhance the nation's recycling systems, while simultaneously continuing our own organizations' work to influence change."
The groups have scheduled a meeting in August to determine specific courses of action and efforts to work on collectively.
Organizations participating in the effort include:
• American Forest & Paper Association
• Association of Plastic Recyclers
• Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries
• Keep America Beautiful
• Northeast Recycling Council
• National Recycling Coalition
• National Waste & Recycling Association
• Plastics Industry Association
• The Recycling Partnership
• Southeast Recycling Development Council
• Sustainable Packaging Coalition
• Solid Waste Association of North America.
Read the full article from Recycling Product News here.