The APR Postconsumer Resin (PCR) Certification Program is a process to endorse companies that provide third-party certification of PCR and promote APR member companies that receive certification. To support and grow the use of postconsumer recycled plastics, APR understands that it is essential that PCR certification be reliable, consistent, and accessible by both producers and users of recycled plastic resins.
APR’s PCR Certification Program includes 3 components:
- APR endorses 3rd party qualified companies to conduct certifications.
- Plastic Reclaimers hire APR endorsed companies to conduct certification.
- APR members that receive certification may present it to be recognized by APR, listed on the APR website, and promoted nationwide.
Please email completed applications to Liz Bedard
The primary goals of the program include:
- Provide members with confidence that endorsed certification companies adhere to a clear, consistent definition of PCR that aligns with the ISO 14021:2016 definition.
- Help “level the playing field” by endorsing multiple, credible PCR third-party certifying bodies that APR members and others can voluntarily utilize.
- Increase accessibility and confidence in PCR supply that meets the needs of members across diverse applications (e.g. olefins, other rigid plastics, flexible films).