Who is Eligible?
This program is designed for private businesses of all kinds and sizes. Any non-public entity may participate. Public entities are eligible to participate in the Government Recycling Demand Champions program.
What Do Champions Do?
APR Recycling Demand Champions commit to purchase new volume PCR to drive demand in the recycling marketplace. Any new use of PCR qualifies: Champions can meet their commitment through purchasing “work in process” (WIP) durable goods containing PCR or using PCR in other applications, such as packaging, film, etc. Champions play a prominent role in expanding the market for mixed residential plastics, driving investment, increasing supply and producing more high-quality PCR.
How it Works
STEP 1: Sign the Commitment Letter.
- Download and sign this pledge. Return the completed form to APR's Director of Market Development.
STEP 2: Purchase PCR containing item(s) OR expand your current use of PCR
- Buy everyday use/catalog order items or WIP (work-in-process) items, and/or
- Increase the amount of PCR in a current product or application, and/or
- Develop a new product or application for PCR.
STEP 3: Report your progress.
- Within 12 months of becoming a Demand Champion, purchase or manufacture your PCR containing item(s) and report to APR. A reporting form will be sent to you. All data submitted to APR will remain confidential and NDAs can be executed upon request.
STEP 4: Be recognized for your commitment to supporting end-market demand.
- Your company’s prominent role in expanding the markets for mixed residential plastics will be actively promoted by APR. Check out our current and past Demand Champion companies and the far-reaching press the program has received!