Who is Eligible?
This program is designed for private businesses of all kinds and sizes. Any non-public entity may participate.
What Do Champions Do?
APR Recycling Demand Champions commit to purchase new volume PCR to drive demand in the recycling marketplace. Any new use of PCR qualifies: Champions can meet their commitment through purchasing “work in process” (WIP) durable goods containing PCR or using PCR in other applications, such as packaging, film, etc. Champions play a prominent role in expanding the market for mixed residential plastics, driving investment, increasing supply and producing more high-quality PCR.
The Program has two ways to participate:
- Product Buyers purchase products that contain PCR.
- Product Makers purchase PCR (pellet or flake) and incorporate it into their products.
How it Works
STEP 1: Sign the Commitment Letter.
- Download and sign this pledge. Return the completed form to APR's Director of Market Development.
STEP 2: Purchase PCR containing item(s) OR expand your current use of PCR
- Buy everyday use/catalog order items or WIP (work-in-process) items, and/or
- Increase the amount of PCR in a current product or application, and/or
- Develop a new product or application for PCR.
STEP 3: Report your progress to APR.
STEP 4: Be recognized for your commitment to supporting end-market demand for postconsumer recycled plastics.