Working with Brand Owners to Meet Sustainability Goals
The Association of Plastic Recyclers (APR) is the international trade association representing the plastics recycling industry and firmly believes that companies want to design packaging that is recyclable and sustainable. The APR Design® Guide for Plastics Recyclability is the most comprehensive resource in the marketplace today for the plastics recycling industry’s recommendations. The Training Program identifies potential areas of improvement and encourages innovation in both package design and recycling process equipment, and it accomplishes these goals through customized sessions designed to meet the unique needs of each company.
There are three options for participating in a Training Program:
- Full on-site training, customized for your company (approximately 6-7 hours). Click here for a two-page summary to share with colleagues and decision-makers.
- Abbreviated on-site "lunch and learn", customized for your company (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Regional training program and facility tour, scheduled periodically and with a more general focus. Contact Ali Briggs-Ungerer to be notified of upcoming events of this type.
Have questions or ready to get started? Contact Curt Cozart.
Full On-Site Training: What Does a Typical Training Package Include?
- Pre-Training Conference Calls & Questionnaires
- Executive session designed to provide an APR introduction to senior management
- Outline of APR's definition of plastics recyclability and the importance of package design
- Review of APR's Recyclability Categories
- Discuss how to implement The APR Design® Guide throughout the product design process to ensure compatibility with today’s recycling infrastructure
- Review the relationship between The APR Design® Guide and the “How2Recycle” label
- Case studies with specific company products identified during pre-training discussions
- Wrap-up session with hosts to capture action items and opportunities created by training
Full On-Site Training: What Are the Training Deliverables?
- Greater awareness of the recycling process and the impact of design features on recyclability
- Ability to design recycle-friendly packages
- Ability to forecast the recyclability of innovations
- Gain networking contacts for ongoing support
- Logo placement on APR’s website
Who Should Attend?
- Package Design Engineers
- Sustainability Managers
- Product and Market Managers
- Procurement Managers
Past Participants Include: